Lorin & Diana

Lorin & Diana
La Jolla Cove

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reblooming Lilacs

In my never ending search for some new form of plant life to add to my yard, I discovered an ad for these new dwarf lilac bushes called "Bloomerang".  The description says that it covers itself with clusters of purple-pink sweetly scented blooms in May, then continues flowering off and on throughout the summer!  Reaching just 4-5 feet tall, it fits perfectly in foundation plantings or small gardens.  Plant several together to form a hedge.  Lilacs are easy to grow in full sun and average well-drained soil.  These lilacs are said to be hardy in Zones 5-7.  Although they are shipped in a one quart pot, I'm hoping that someone here locally in Utah will be offering them, perhaps in a larger size as the average growth time for lilacs is quite slow, and I want quicker results! They are saying that quantities are limited and will only be shipped through June while they last.  They are sold out of White Flower Farm @800-420-2852 or order online at readershopping.com.  I'm excited to see how they produce, how fast they grow and if they will flower all summer long.  If anyone has tried this new variety please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment